Updated February 2021
Web Security & Privacy
RTC Direct values the trust you place in us when you provide us with your personal information. We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting it.
This Privacy Notice applies to any personal information RTC Direct collects online.
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY, BECAUSE BY USING OUR WEBSITES YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, address, contact number and email address).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
- A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We may use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
- When using standard web browser settings, the session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Using your personal information
- Administer the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website.
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business. (You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or your personal information, please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com
You have the right to tell us:
- To provide you with a copy of the personal information we have about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- To correct or update your personal information
- Not to contact you in the future
- To delete your personal information