The ideal fragrance experience begins with proper candle care. Here are some important tips for enjoying your candles.
SAFTEY & BURNING
- Remove all packaging before you light the candle.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended, burn within sight.
- Burn candle out of the reach of children and pets.
- Always leave at least 12cm between burning candles.
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Do not place candles in a draught.
Do not place candles near a source of heat.
- Place candles in an upright position and on a temperature safe surface.
- Trim wick to about 6mm prior to lighting.
Do not allow wick trimmings to accumulate in wax pool.
- Always snuff out the flame. Do not blow it out.
- Do not move a burning candle.
- Discontinue use when 8mm of wax remains.
CAUTION: Use candles only as directed. Failure to do so could result in a fire hazard or personal injury. People suffering from perfume sensitivity should be cautious when using this product.
TIPS ON BURNING A CANDLE
- For best fragrance performance and optimum candle lifespan, do not burn more than four hours at a time.
Always use an appropriate candle holder. Place candle on a protected, heat-resistant surface. Do not touch, lift or move a burning candle. Allow the wax to cool and hardened before touching.
- Wick maintenance is key for perfect burning. Trim the wick to 6mm before each burn. Keep wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris – as this could cause a fire hazard.
- If smoking occurs, safely extinguish the candle with a candle snuffer, trim wick, remove trimmings and relight.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts as wax can be temperature sensitive. For best performance, do not expose candles to extreme high or low temperatures.
- Handle with care, glass containers are fragile and will be hot. Allow the candle to cool before replacing the lid. Do not use if the candle jar is cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not reuse candle jars; discard after use.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Allow the candle to cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
Should the rim of a candle jar become black while burning simply extinguish the candle, allow to cool and carefully wipe the jar with a dry paper towel. To avoid such blackening keep the wick trimmed to 6mm at all times.
CLEANING SPILLED WAX FROM TABLETOPS, FABRICS, ETC.
We recommend you seek professional advice from cleaning experts such as carpet cleaners or furniture refinishers.